Plastic pipe locating can be tricky business because it cannot carry an electrical signal that can be tracked. Pipe Guys has been installing and finding all kinds of pipes for our clients for years. That kind of experience gives a great understanding of patterns of buried pipes.
Because different types of pipe materials and soil conditions require different techniques, we employ several types of tools in order to successfully locate buried pipes for you and stay within budget:
- Transmitting sondes are pushed or pulled into pipe and tracked from the surface
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Gigahertz millimeter wave transmitter/receivers that bounce signals off pipes
- Cameras that can record conditions images inside a pipe, while transmitting location to a surface receiver
All methods can track pipes under most any surface including asphalt and concrete.
Photo credit: Ben Tesch
Types of pipe we can locate:
- Sewer lines
- Irrigation lines
- Concrete pipe
- Asbestos pipe (A/C)
- Metal pipe
- Septic pipes, tanks and drain fields
- Drainage lines
Site conditions as well as ground soil conditions can cause various types of interference necessitating more than one method be used. We use the most modern, up-to-date equipment in order to insure success.
A typical plastic waterline locate will cost $350-450, depending on travel time. Our work is guaranteed — or your money back.